Saturday, December 20, 2008

the frosting on top

I thought that I would include the frosting recipe that I used to frost my sugar cookies. It is real easy and it tastes really good! I used green food coloring for the second batch of cookies.

The trees are my favorite.

Is it just me......or are the food coloring bottles cute?


Here's the recipe....


4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
food coloring

In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.

1 comment:

The Patterson's said...

I made a second batch today too, with trees and green icing with red sprinkles though. We think to much alike girl!! lol
I like my cookies with no icing best - dipping them in french vanilla coffee. =) yummo