Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dean Cornwell print....

Here is the print that my Mom gave to me a couple of weeks ago. It is a copy of the mural that Dean Cornwell painted on the Bank One building in Coshocton. The Building is now the Chase Bank. The Mural is actually painted on the wall and is titled "Canal Days." Depicted in the mural is Roscoe Village during the canal era.
There was only 2000 of these prints made.

I like this picture because I am reminded of my childhood. My Mom worked at this bank and every time I went with her to the bank I would see it.
The Mural is huge.
It is still on the wall of the building today.

1 comment:

joared said...

Delighted to find your blog featuring a print of the Canal Days mural. I worked at Coshocton National Bank when the mural was commissioned to Cornwell. Quite a celebration when it was unveiled.