Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A-P-P-L-E

Van brought this poem (song) home tonight to read & I though I would share.
This is what we sang before bed tonight!


Apple
(sung to B-i-n-g-o)




I know a fruit that grows on trees.
An apple is it's name, oh!

CHORUS:
A-P-P-L-E
A-P-P-L-E
A-P-P-L-E
An apple is its name, Oh!


In summer and in early fall
It's time to pick an apple!


CHORUS


It may be sweet or it may be tart.
It's red, or green , or yellow!

CHORUS

A McIntosh or Granny Smith,
A Winesap or Delicious!


CHORUS


Make applesauce or apple juice
Or apple pie with apples!


CHORUS



Farm and Science Review
pictures to come!
the internet is really slow tonight and I am having a hard time editing them.


here is a picture to tease you with :)



2 comments:

Beth P. said...

You have an adorable blog! I love the background.
That song is cute. I've got a few up my sleeve - as a music teacher we've got to have those things in the back of our minds :-)

(sung to "the wheels on the bus"
The leaves on the trees are falling down, falling down, falling down
The leaves on the trees are falling down,
Red, yellow, orange and brown

Haha. I love Fall!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Oh that was too cute! Though I kept finding myself falling back to singing B-I-N-G-O for the chorus in my head LOL!!

Popping over from SITS Roll Call to visit and say hi!