Monday, November 3, 2008

Dream House part 2

Well, here it is my DREAM HOUSE. Yes, it is for sale. However my husband and I just bought our first house in April! Click here , here, & here if you want to read about it. I guess I never posted the real estate pictures of our house, I'll do that soon ( I do have to post everyday this month).
Anyway back to the dream house......... It is located two towns above us. My children would have to go to a different school and Josh would have a pretty long drive. ...
I LOVE the arch way between the kitchen and breakfast room. I like the color of paint on the walls! Some stuff in the kitchen still needs to be finished.....like it needs counters and appliances.I like the color of the ceramic tiles and the wood on the cabinets too.



Look at those beautiful windows.


front of the house.

back of the house.

Still needs a little work.

My FAVORITE part of this house.......THE DOUBLE STAIRWAY! LOOK closely through the doorway........yes, that is a second set of steps! I LOVE IT! The entry way is 9' x 19'. I have always wanted a large welcoming entryway.

Look at the crown molding......

Again, those beautiful windows.... I can see a Christmas Tree right there.

Yesterday, We took a ride and looked at the house.....through the windows of coarse........
here are the pictures I took.






Here is the write up.........








WONDERFUL VICTORIAN SETTING HIGH ON A HILL WITH NATURAL WOODWORK THROUGHOUT, TWO STAIRWAYS, APPROXIMATELY 5000 SQ.FT. OF LIVING SPACE. FIREPLACE IN ALMOST EVERY ROOM. KITCHEN PARTIALLY REMODELED, BUT NEEDS COMPLETED. FIVE BEDROOMS WITH AN EXTRA ROOM ADDED ON ONE OF THE BEDROOMS. SET ON TWO CITY LOTS. SOME BATHS NEEDS FINISHED REMODELING. THIS IS THE "SHUMAN HOUSE" BUILT IN THE 1800'S AND MAGNIFICENTLY PRESERVED.









Every one of my children could have their own room! ......This is more then double the room we have now! I can see Holiday meals and parties there. I can see it decorated so pretty. sigh.......

3 comments:

Rue said...

Hi Beth :)

That is some dream house! I LOVE the stairway too :)

You should put this on one of Julias's Hooked on Houses tours next time she does one!

Oh and thank you so much for wishing Happy Birthday to Annie :)

Hugs,
rue

Graycesmomma said...

Oh my goodness. That house is AMAZING!!! I wouldn't even want to know the asking price!

Wendy said...

Beth, that is a beautiful house. There are lots of houses in Lancaster similar to it. While I do love old houses, including ours, I can feel heat streaming out those large windows. I shutter to think what the gas bill would be. The Patterson's would be in their wooly jammies!