Monday, July 12, 2010

Shabby Apple, Aprons & Pie

Shabby Apple has a NEW line of aprons called Boysenberry Pie.
each apron comes with a recipe too!

I love them all, but this one is my absolute favorite!
(favorite cake too!)


A crisp bib of carrot and custard-colored cotton with a gathered skirt descending from a contrasting tie-waist and pleated detailing at the bust will be sure to keep your dresses protected from your desserts.
Carrot Cake

to celebrate the new line, Shabby Apple blog is having a contest and giveaway....

post your favorite pie recipe and you could win.....

"The winner will receive a complete set of Domestic Art notecards for a total of 15, one for each of the completed paintings in Leslie's series, all hand-signed, titled and individually sleeved, PLUS a 20 x 30" hand-finished and signed giclee print of the Domestic Art painting of their choice".


here is a print by Leslie Graff....




and here is my pie...

This pie is one of my favorites because I used blackberries from my grandparents farm to make it. My cousin Lisa and I would pick all of grandma and grandpa's wild blackberries. We would eat them till our bellies were full. We would spend time running around on the farm during the summers. Blackberries always make me think of summers when I was little.


Blackberry pie

Chilled Blackberry Pie

3 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. water
3 1/2 tsp. blackberry Jello
4 c. fresh blackberries
9 inch baked pie shell
Cook cornstarch, sugar and water until thick. Stir in Jello until dissolved. Cool filling. Gently stir in blackberries. Put in pie shell. Chill and serve with Cool Whip.

**above pie made with blackberries from my grandparents farm.**


and if you have never checked out Shabby Apple before......
Navy Blue Draped Collar Knee Length Bow Dress
Bethesda Fountain
 
 
 
they have gorgeous dresses!

3 comments:

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, I just adore Shabby Apple and aprons. How perfect!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Awww!!! That is such a cute little idea!!!! Love the aprons! :)

That blackberry pie sounds delicioso!!! I may have to make that very soon!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhhh, SO cute! I collect aprons so I love this! And I must try your pie. Looks delish!