Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Wreath

I made this Fall wreath last week.
I love all these felt flower wreaths that I have seen all over online. 
I found so many pretty ones etsy, but they were anywhere from 27 to 40 dollars.
I decided to try to make one of my own and it was really easy and I love the way it turned out.
The wreath was $4 and the felt was $2 the ribbon was $2. 

I looked up how to's online and ended up doing a combo of a couple different ones.


first, I drew a circle in the felt.

Then I cut the circle out. Make sure that you cut in wavy lines so the flower petals are different lengths.
Cut the circle in a long spiral, keeping it wavy, so that you end up with a long line.

leave the little oval at the end to use as the bottom of the flower.
Then, you just roll the felt up.

you want to start the center out tight so that the flower stays, but you can roll it up tight to make it smaller or you can roll it up looser to make the flower look fuller.

This was the first flower I made, it is easy!

I made 12 flowers in different sizes. ( the size of you circle changes the size too.)
and once again, here it is finished.
I love it!

next, I am going to try a yarn wreath.

Today, I linked up with ...

1 comment:

Jaime Lee said...

what an adorable wreath, I love the little roses that you made.

I am having a giveaway for horseshoe earrings come check them out.