Friday, February 17, 2012

Confession time.

This may not seem much like a confession for some, but I have a Kindle.
Before you laugh at me, look down at the right side of my blog, you see that little button that says " I pledge to read the printed word." I believe that. I believe in buying books and reading books. Over the last year or so, I have noticed more and more classmates bringing their e readers to class with all their books on them, while I am still lugging a bag full of books to class.
My dad bought me a Kindle for Christmas, with that idea in mind. 
For about three weeks I hardly picked the Kindle up. Then one day I picked it up and downloaded The Hunger Games on it and read it. Then I downloaded books two and three too. I loved the books, but I love my Kindle too. 
Its true.
I do.
and I do feel a little guilty about it.
I love how handy it is. I love how I just throw it in my purse and go with it,  I carry books in my purse too, but this was so much easier. I love how I just download the book I want to read instead of having to figure out how and when I am going to get to go to the bookstore. ( I have a busy life with little free time)
Now, that does not mean that I will stop buying books.
One look at our bookshelves and you would see that we can't part with even one book. I would show you a picture of them,but they are too overcrowded and unorganized. There are some books that you just have to have. You have to hold them and flip through the pages.

However, right now I am enjoying my Kindle too.

Has anyone else had a hard time giving in to the e readers, or do you think I am just being silly?

...and before you laugh too hard at me, my favorite job that I have ever had was in a small town book store.

No comments: